Smorgesbord of talk, song, video and delicious food
West Papua is on the move, please join us for the first Open Day for 2016 at our Docklands office. It promises to be spectacular, graced with:
- two former ADF officers: Major Barbara Tipper (ret.) singing up freedom with her inspiring solidarity anthem;
- Colonel Lance Collins (ret.) signing his riveting historical fiction A Dowry for the Sultan;
- Jacob Rumbiak talking about what we’re doing in 2016;
- Izzy Brown’s latest short documentary about Babuan Mirino’s traditional mid-wife skills;
- and an interview with Uniting Church elder, Robert Stringer, after visiting West Papua in which he identifies clear parallels between life in Indonesian-West Papua and life in Nazi Germany.
Enough?? There’s also Dapur Sampari (Papua Kitchen) lunch for our West Papua Rent Collective (everyone else please make a suitable donation).
Please RSVP (for catering) by telephone: (03) 9049 9590, or Louise on 0424 745 155, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link here for a detailed Program and please share the image below in your networks.